More Help Links
To become a member of the DTN/The Progressive Farmer Online Community, just follow the
instructions for new users on the sign-in page or click the Register link on
the top of any page on DTNProgressivefarmer.com. Youll be asked to answer a few questions to
help tailor your membership with local weather, cash bids and relevant
agricultural news information for you and your operation. Upon finishing the
registration process, your account will be customized for you and activated for
In order to minimize the risk of your activation email not getting to you, please follow these simple steps:
- Ensure that you correctly type your email address in the registration form. This email address will also serve as your username.
- Add "@dtn" addresses to your safe senders list to ensure that the activation email doesnt get funneled into your spam folder.
- Check your spam folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not get your email within 60 minutes of registering for DTN/The Progressive Farmer.
- Still having trouble? Try emailing DTN/The Progressive Farmer help.
We can send you your member password by entering your email
address in the "Forgot uour password?" form and clicking
"Send Password" button to send it to your email address. Make sure to provide the
same email address you gave during registration or when you last updated your
account. Without the correct verification information, you will not be able to
obtain a new password. Your username defaults to your email address you
provided upon sign-up. This enables you to recover your forgotten username
easier if its been a while since you logged in. If youve changed your email
address since activating your membership, simply register with your new email
If you would like to change your password, just sign in to your DTN/The Progressive Farmer
account with your current password and click the Settings link at the top of the page. You will be asked to re-enter your current password for verification. Then:
- Enter your current password in the first box.
- Enter your new password (as you would like it to be) in the second box.
- Confirm your new password in the third box.
- Click the "Change Password" button.
Please Note: To better protect your account, make sure that your password is memorable for you but difficult for others to guess. Never use the same password that you have used in the past, and do not share your password with anyone. For security purposes, your new password should be a minimum of six characters long. A good password contains a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters (remember that your password is case sensitive), numbers, and special characters such as +, ?, and *.
There are several reasons why you might be getting an "Invalid Password" error message:
- Set your CAPS LOCK key correctly. Passwords are case sensitive (meaning that "PASSWORD," "PaSsWoRd," and "password" are not equivalent), so be sure to keep this in mind when entering your password.
- Sign in with the correct username. Make sure that you are using the correct username when signing in to your account. If you have forgotten your username, refer to your Welcome Email that was sent from DTN/The Progressive Farmer upon joining the community. Your username defaults to your email address you provided upon sign-up. This enables you to recover your forgotten username easier if its been a while since you logged in.
- Still having trouble? Try emailing DTN/The Progressive Farmer Help.
Accurate information is important in case you ever forget
your DTN/The Progressive Farmer
Online Community username or password. If you have entered any of this
information incorrectly or have forgotten what you entered, we will not be able
to remind you of your username or send you a new password. By entering some
basic information at registration, your account will be customized for you and
activated for immediate use. Upon activating your member account, the
information you provided will personalize your account so you have local cash
bids, local weather and even more exclusive DTN/The Progressive Farmer news and commentary. Additionally, you will
have the opportunity to interact with DTN/The
Progressive Farmer experts in our blogs and forums.
You will also have the opportunity to get a free
subscription to the DTN Snapshot newsletter, The DTN/The Progressive Farmer
e-newsletter and CattleLink.
We provide Settings links at the top of our sites to allow you to change or
update this information at any time.
If you check the "Keep me signed in" box, you will
stay signed in to your DTN/The
Progressive Farmer Online Community on this computer until you sign out.
The "Keep me signed in" checkbox applies to this computer only. If
you're using a public computer, we recommend that you uncheck the checkbox.
When you sign in using your DTN/The
Progressive Farmer Online Community username and password, your browser can
"remember" this information. If you check the "Keep me signed
in" box on your sign-in screen, you won't have to sign in each time you
come back. (Although we might ask you to re-enter your password if you've been
away from the computer for awhile, if you havent entered your password
recently, or if you are trying to change your password.)
I don't want to receive DTN emails or newsletters. How do I
You can unsubscribe from most email that DTN sends you. However, you can't
unsubscribe or opt out from receiving administrative announcements, such as
announcements might also include the following: welcome messages you receive
when you sign up for a DTN product or service; billing statements; and service
status notices telling you a service is being discontinued or providing updates
on service outages.
DTN/The Progressive Farmer
Newsletters - You can unsubscribe from the DTN/The Progressive Farmer Newsletters. To unsubscribe from these
emails, click the "Unsubscribe" link found on the bottom of each
message you receive. Or uncheck the box in the settings section of your
account. Be sure to save your changes. Your changes take effect within 10