Ask the Vet
Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:12 PM CDT

Question: We run two beef herds across different farms and are experiencing an unusually high number of calf deaths. The dead calves range in age from 1 month to 4 months. No cows have died. There are no adjoining herds. We do not vaccinate. We plan on taking the next dead calf to our state lab for an autopsy, as vets who work on cattle are few and far between here.

Answer: You are on the right path to get a necropsy, or autopsy, done. The quicker you can get a ...

Quick View
Related News Stories
(none currently available)