Ask the Vet
Mon Oct 5, 2015 09:06 AM CDT

Question: My husband wants to know more about poison hemlock and if it can be a problem for livestock. He says it is new here in southern Indiana and is beginning to be everywhere -- in hay fields, grain fields, also in hay, corn, silage and haylage. He has tried to eradicate it but others don't, and when it goes to seed it just gets carried right back into our fields.

Answer: Poison hemlock is extremely toxic. Humans can develop symptoms just by handling the plant. This is, after all, the ...

Quick View
Related News Stories
(none currently available)